Mary Kay’s studio is now accepting private students, if interested in a trial lesson, contact by phone or email. firstname.lastname@example.org
“The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves”. – Carl Jung.
"Art is the outlet of the mystical, emotional needs of the human spirit: it is created rather by instinct than by intelligence, rather by intuition than by will". Ernest Bloch
How can we best prepare mentally and physically for important performances and auditions?
1. Lots of exercise and sleep: get your heart rate up doing your favorite aerobics (situps, walking/running/zoomba, whatever). Getting your heart rate up (that means sweating!) gets the adrenaline OUT of your system come performance time. Lots of stretching, especially first thing in the morning, before bed, and in your down time before you perform. Sleep: reset that brain, get as much good quality sleep as you can.
2. Eats/Drinks: Take care that what you are putting into your body is fuel for the machine to work like a performance race car. Nutritional ! Avoid salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, lots of water and bananas :)
3. Mental Prep: stay focused on the music and how to get from point A to point B. Fully engaged in the performance! If your brain wanders, snap back to the present as quickly as possible. This is something you can practice now as you travel, Practice Performing.
4. Performance time: BREATHE! Cool, beautiful air in, tension and negativity OUT. As you breathe, don’t be talking to yourself or thinking through performance steps, just breathe…no-mindedness…let the brain rest (like yoga class). Don’t think about the competition, focus on being the storyteller that YOU want to be, and when you’re in the room, it’s Storytime! Be compelling w/ character and color, you know the notes and rhythms... full engagement in the music and music making process!
I recently lost a dear friend, and am now trying to help her husband find loving homes for these gorgeous instruments...all in mint condition.
Traversos: in pristine condition
1. Folkers and Powell Hotteterre 392
2. Folkers and Powell Rottenburg 415
Modern Flutes: Excellent Condition
Solid Silver Haynes, B and C footjoints, C# trill, offset G #44595
10K Gold Haynes, 14K headjoint, French Model w/ B Foot, Silver Keys, offset G
Gemeinhardt flute Serial No. A07862- student model
Armstrong piccolo Serial No. F6614- silver
contact by email if interested:email@example.com
" It takes logic to get from point A to point B. With imagination, you can go anywhere!"
Entrepreneur Jeff Hoffman (Priceline) spoke about how unsatisfying his one and only corporate job was. "They didn't appreciate my sense of sarcasm!" A sentiment I'm sure many of us can relate to.
His thoughts on harvesting ideas...
1. learn one new thing each day
2. follow your curiosity
3. write down one sentence about what you learned
4. assemble the pieces of the puzzle
5. study things going on in the world around you
It sounds almost Zen...be open to where you are, be here, listen...